As a front-end engineer at Thumbtack, your varied skills and our bottom-up product process will give you as much autonomy and license as you can handle. If you can build it and it’s good for the company, do it! There’s no limit to how valuable you can be or how much of an effect you can have here.
We want people who want to make their mark on the world, who are itchy, who tinker. We want people with the ambition to dream big and the talent to see those dreams through.
Some things about you:
- You see the web as a beautiful, intricate, occasionally clumsy Rube Goldberg machine. Working with it isn’t a chore; it’s a challenge.
- You spend almost as much time inspecting a page’s elements and figuring out how it works as you do using it. You’re insatiably curious about how websites are made and what they’re made of.
- You think complaining about IE support is so five years ago. You know exactly how, when, and when not to play nice across different browsers and platforms.
- You keep abreast with modern web practices and trends but know when to stay pragmatic in their implementations.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate is excited about:
- Clean, accessible, understandable markup
- A/B testing, data-driven decision making
- Responsive web design
- Graceful degradation, progressive enhancement
- Must have a portfolio of real, live projects or contributions to open-source
Ready for this challenge? Apply